Where we are
IFAE is located in the campus of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) in Bellaterra. Bellaterra is a town outside the Barcelona Metropolitan Area but can be reached very easily from downtown Barcelona or the airport by public transportation (see below).
- Postal address
Institut de Física d'Altes Energies (IFAE)
Edifici Cn, Campus UAB
08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona), Spain
- Phone number
- +34 93 581 1984
Itineraries from Barcelona
- AP-7 Motorway - towards Girona
- Exit from Barcelona through Diagonal heading to B23/E90 Lleida-Tarragona
- Continue on E-90/AP-2/Lleida-Zaragoza-Tarragona-Girona (12 km)
- Take exit 25 and merge onto E-15/AP-7 towards Terrassa-Manresa-Girona
- Take exit 21 onto Bellaterra, heading to B-30/Cerdanyola del Vallès/AP-7/Girona/C-58
- Follow the indications to Cerdanyola/Bellaterra/St.Cugat/Parc Tecnològic del Vallès
- C-58 Motorway-Cerdanyola del Vallès
- From Meridiana-Direct access to C-58
- From Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes - Exit 209 to merge onto B-10/Ronda Litoral
- From Ronda Litoral - Exit 30 and merge onto C-58
- From Ronda de Dalt - Exit 1 and merge onto C-58
- Continue onto C-58 Autopista del Vallès
- Take Exit 8 and keep right onto B-30, keep right onto B-30, E-90/AP-2/Lleida/E-15/AP-7 Tarragona
- Continue on the right lane onto E-15
- Take Exit 7 towards Cerdanyola del Vallès
- At the roundabout take exit 2 onto UAB
by Rail (RENFE)
- Line R7 Cerdanyola Universitat station
- Duration of the journey: 28 min, departures every 30 min from Pl. Catalunya
- To get to the campus from the station, cross over the Autopista del Mediterráneo (name of the highway), through the bridge at the crossing situated on the left of the station exit. This distance can be covered either on foot or by the UAB internal bus service.
- More information on the Rodalies de Catalunya website
By Rail (FGC)
From Pl. Catalunya
- S55 Line towards Universitat Autònoma
- S2 Line towards Sabadell-Rambla
- Duration of the journey: (40 min, 14 stops), departures every 6-12 min.
From Sabadell - Sabadell Rambla and Sabadell Estació
- Line S2
- Get off at Universitat Autònoma station
From Terrassa - Terrassa Rambla
- Line S1
- Change trains at Sant Cugat station
- Take line S2 and get off at the Universitat Autònoma station
The following bus companies cover on a regular basis the distance between these locations and the UAB campus:
- From Barcelona, Cerdanyola del Vallès, Mataró and Montcada i Reixac: http://www.sarbus.com
- From Manresa, Sta. Perpètua de Mogoda, Girona, Granollers and Vic: http://www.sagales.com
- From Badalona and Montcada i Reixac: http://www.autocaresfont.es
- From Igualada: http://www.igualadina.com
- From Lleida: http://www.alsa.es
UAB Internal Bus Service
From Monday to Friday the UAB offers its own bus service, connecting the whole campus with the Cerdanyola Universidad Renfe Station. This service offers 5 buslines with a frequency ranging from 10 to 40 minutes.
- Closest stop to IFAE: Ciències i Biociències (L1 and L4)
- Stops and timetables: http://appbuses.accessibilitat-transports.uab.cat/
- More information on the UAB website
Itineraries from the airport to the UAB campus
By rail –RENFE– to the Barcelona-Plaça Catalunya station.
- The journeys are about 25 minutes long.
- Once you reach the station, you should take the Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (towards Sabadell) and get off at Bellaterra station or Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona station (right on the campus).
By rail –RENFE–to the Barcelona-Sants station.
- The journeys are 18 minutes long.
- Once in Barcelona-Sants station, you have to change trains and take another one heading for Cerdanyola-Universitat station, where there is a connection with the UAB internal bus service.
- Departures every 5 minutes from any of the airports terminals (T1 o T2).
- The jouney to Plaza Cataluña is about 35 minutes.
- There are stops at Plaza España, Sant Station and Plaza Catalulña.
- More information on the Aerobus website
By TMB bus 46 (airport to the city centre)
- This bus runs between 5.00 to 00.15 am and has stops in both airport terminals.
- It has more stops than the Aerobus, therefore it takes longer to get to the city centre.
- The advantadge of this service is that, unlike the Aerobus, you can use a T10 card. You can use this card for RENFE railways, the Ferrocarriles de la Generalitat de Cataluña (FGC), the subway, the tramway and the buses running within the metropolitan area number 1.
- More information on the TMB website
By TMB Night bus NitBus N17
- NitBus is the bus that connects the Barcelona airport terminals (T1 and T2) with the city centre and vice-versa, from 21.50 to 04.50 am.
- More information on the TMB website
The official taxis in Barcelona are yellow and black and have a green light on the top, which stays on whenever the service is available. You will find a taxi area by any of the main exits of the terminal: Terminal 1 (T1) or Terminal 2 (and by any of the 3 buildings of Terminal 2 - T2A, T2B or T2C). You only have to look for the signs indicating the nearest taxi area. The jouney to the UAB campus lasts about 35 minutes in normal traffic conditions.