This position is filled
Open Position 15 PhD Positions at IFAE within 'la Caixa' INPhINIT Programme
Opening Date: Closing Date:
INPhINIT is a new doctoral fellowship programme devoted to attracting international Early-Stage Researchers to the top Spanish research centres in the areas of Bio and Health Sciences, Physics, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. INPhINIT recruits per call 57 Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality, who enjoy a 3-year employment contract at the Research Centre of their choice among those selected and awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (“Severo Ochoa” centres of excellence and “Maria de Maeztu” units of excellence) and the Spanish Ministry of Health (“Carlos III centres of excellence”).
Details of the fellowships:
- INPhINIT fellows enjoy a 3-year contract.
- Competitive gross salary, mobility allowance and award to finalize the thesis on time.
- Candidates should be ready to enter in the Research center at IFAE in September / October 2017 with an extraordinary incorporation in January 2018.
Requirements for candidates:
- At the time of recruitment (start date of the contract), candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility Requirement: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.)
- in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Short stays such as holidays will not be taken into account.
- Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
Positions offered by IFAE:
- Evaluation of Novel detector for Positron Emission Mammography (Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani)
- Construction, Testing, and evaluation of large area Photon counting pixel detector for Breast biopsy system (Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani)
- Construction, testing, and evaluation of line camera for X-ray scanner (Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani)
- Characterizing the properties of the dark energy with the DES data (Prof. Ramon Miquel)
- Cosmological studies with the PAU survey data (Prof. Ramon Miquel)
- Study of neutrino nucleus interactions at T2K (Dr. Federico Sánchez)
- Development of the new generation of neutrino detectors (Dr. Federico Sánchez)
- Uncovering New Physics signals using Rare decays (Prof. Joaquim Matias)
- Searches for new phenomena with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (1) (Prof. Martine Bosman)
- Searches for new phenomena with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (2) (Prof. Martine Bosman)
- Beyond the Standard Model (Prof. Àlex Pomarol)
- Science with the MAGIC Telescopes during the dawn of the Northern Cherenkov Telescope Array. (Dr. Òscar Blanch)
- Commissioning and First Science with the Northern Cherenkov Telescope Array (Dr. Abelardo Moralejo)
- Precise determination of hadronic form factors for B decays (Dr. Rafel Escribano)
- Development of new semiconductor detectors for high energy physics and synchrotron instrumentation (Prof. Sebastian Grinstein)
By default, the inPhinit PhD grants cover three years, but IFAE will consider an extension to a fourth year on a case-by-case basis.