This position is filled
Open Position Doctoral INPhINIT 'La Caixa' Fellowships in Theoretical and Experimental Particle Physics, Astroparticle Physics, Cosmology, Gravitational Waves, and Instrumentation R&D at IFAE Barcelona
Opening Date: Closing Date:
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) is offering several PhD positions for talented Early Stage Researchers within the framework of the Doctoral INPhINIT “la Caixa” fellowships, in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticles, Cosmology, Gravitational Waves and Instrumentation R&D.
These are 3 year PhD positions, co-funded by the EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie program, at the top scientific research centers in Spain, accredited with the Severo Ochoa of María de Maeztu excellence awards. Candidates are expected to have completed their Master by October 2019, to start the PhD studies. The international character of the program requires candidates to have spent no more than 12 months in Spain in the 3 years just before the starting date.
On top of a competitive salary, the position offers a dedicated budget for short scientific visits to other research centers. In addition, the IFAE offers additional funds to attend schools or international workshops related to the PhD research topics.
The IFAE is offering 7 projects within this Call:
- Searches for new phenomena with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (Prof. Martine Bosman)
- Precise determination of hadronic form factors for B decays (Dr. Pere Masjuan)
- Particle Physics using Gravitational Waves with the VIRGO Interferometer (Prof. Mario Martínez)
- Development of a new generation of photo-sensors for medical applications (Prof. Sebastian Grinstein)
- Characterizing the properties of the dark energy with the Dark Energy Survey data (Prof. Ramon Miquel)
- Beyond the Standard Model Physics (Prof.Àlex Pomarol)
- Artificial intelligence techniques for cosmological studies with the PAU Survey data. (Prof. Ramon Miquel)
Applications should be completed online at: https://obrasociallacaixa.org/en/investigacion-y-becas/programa-de-becas-de-posgrado/inphinit/incoming
The application deadline is February 6, 2019.
IFAE and La Caixa Foundation are equal opportunity employers committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. General information about IFAE is available at http://www.ifae.es.
For any questions please visit the INPhINIT webpage above or contact IFAE’s Project Manager Marta Balza ( email@example.com).