This position is filled
Open Position IFAE senior postdoctoral positions under the Spanish 'Ramón y Cajal' Program
Opening Date: Closing Date:
The Grant “Ramón y Cajal” is the most prestigious fellowship granted by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities for senior postdoc recruitment.
This fellowship is a full-time position where the successful candidates will be contracted on a 5-year basis, with the possibility of becoming part of IFAE’s permanent scientific staff at the end of the period.
IFAE is offering two positions under the Ramon y Cajal program.
The main research lines of IFAE are:
- Particle physics with the ATLAS experiment at the LHC (Martine Bosman, firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Astroparticle physics with the MAGIC Telescopes and CTA (Manel Martínez, email@example.com)
- Observational cosmology with the DES, PAU, DESI, Euclid and LSST galaxy surveys (Ramon Miquel, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gravitational Waves with the Virgo interferometer (Mario Martínez, email@example.com)
- Development of new generation detectors for high energy physics and medical applications (Sebastián Grinstein, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Standard Model Physics (theory) (Quim Matias, email@example.com)
- Beyond the Standard Model Physics (theory) (Àlex Pomarol, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requirements for the grant application:
- To hold a PhD degree obtained between the 1st of January 2008 and the 31st of December 2015. The following periods shall be excluded from the calculation:
- Maternity or paternity leave.
- Serious illness or accident with sick leave of 3 or more months.
- Care for dependent persons for a minimum of 3 months.
- A highly-competitive scientific record of publications
- When the candidate has more than one PhD title, the 10 years period should be counted from the first one.
- A work contract for five years.
- Gross Salary of minimum 31.600€ per year (according to the excellence of the candidate)
- An additional grant of 40,000 € to be spent on research activities.
Deadline for proposals submission: 30/01/2019.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the person of the research line of interest.