This position is filled
Open Position Doctoral INPhINIT 'La Caixa' Fellowships in Theoretical and Experimental Particle Physics, Astroparticle Physics, Cosmology, Gravitational Waves, Quantum Computing and Instrumentation R&D
Opening Date: Closing Date:
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) is offering several PhD positions for talented Early Stage Researchers within the framework of the Doctoral INPhINIT “la Caixa” fellowships, in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticles, Cosmology, Gravitational Waves and Instrumentation R&D.
These are 3 year PhD positions, funded by the EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie program, at the top scientific research centers in Spain, accredited with the Severo Ochoa of María de Maeztu excellence awards.
On top of a competitive salary, the position offers a dedicated budget for short scientific visits to other research centers. In addition, the IFAE offers additional funds to attend schools or international workshops related to the PhD research topics.
The IFAE is offering 10 projects within this call:
- Searches for new phenomena with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (Prof. Martine Bosman, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Unravel New Physics in flavor anomalies using effective field theory’s techniques (Dr. Pere Masjuan, email@example.com)
- Development of a new generation of solid-state devices with charge multiplication for high energy physics and medical applications (Prof. Sebastian Grinstein, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Beyond the Standard Model Physics (Prof.Àlex Pomarol, email@example.com)
- Commissioning and First Science with the Northern Cherenkov Telescope Array for very-high-energy gamma-ray astronomy (Prof. Abelardo Moralejo, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Timing the expansion of the Universe with quasar spectra (Dr. Andreu Font, email@example.com)
- Development of Machine Learning Based Algorithms for Event Reconstruction of a novel Detector Technology (Dr. Thorsten Lux, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Superconducting Adiabatic Quantum Processors (Dr. Pol Forn-Diaz, email@example.com)
- Gravitational Waves Physics using LIGO/Virgo Interferometers data (Prof. Mario Martínez, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- i-Vision: Adaptive Retinal Implant Technology for Vision Restoration / Characterization and Performance of the i-Vision pixel ASIC(Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani, email@example.com)
In order to be accepted, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
At the call deadline, applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options: To have completed the studies that lead to an official university degree adapted to the European Higher Education Area awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level. To have completed a degree in a university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
For candidates applying to Spanish centres or units: Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
For candidates applying to Portuguese centres or units: Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
Short stays, such as holidays, done in a country other than their country of usual residence (where they carried out their main activity), will be considered as time spent in their country of usual residence.
Level of English:
Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Complete applications: Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
Applications should be completed online at: https://obrasociallacaixa.org/es/investigacion-y-becas/becas-de-la-caixa/doctorado-inphinit/incoming
The application deadline is February 4, 2020
IFAE and La Caixa Foundation are equal opportunity employers committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. General information about IFAE is available at http://www.ifae.es. Sending CVs to implies consent to the legal warning at the bottom of IFAE’s Home Page.
For any questions please visit the INPhINIT webpage above or contact IFAE’s Project Manager Marta Balza ( firstname.lastname@example.org).