This position is filled
Open Position Communications and Outreach Manager at IFAE
Opening Date: Closing Date: Ref:Admin-2021/01/1
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) is seeking a Communication and Outreach Manager with the main goal to increase the impact, visibility and recognition of IFAE in the society. The role will be primarily responsible for the management of all IFAE communication activities, including the preparation of press releases, managing and developing outreach activities and general support in communication activities.
This position requires a person with both scientific background, preferably in Physics, and good communication skills and experience (particularly in English), dynamism and initiative, the ability to work independently with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and improving IFAE’s communication plan
- Managing the IFAE websites, newsletters and social media, including the production of written and audiovisual content.
- Producing institutional reports such as the IFAE Annual Report and bibliometric reporting.
- Managing, updating and participating in existing IFAE outreach activities and developing new programs in collaboration with other research centres, funding agencies and museums.
- Managing press activities, including writing and translating press releases.
- Supporting events organization, KTT, projects and other IFAE departments in their communication requirements.
- Managing the IFAE bibliometric database and its interoperations with Open Access repositories.
- Education: an advanced degree in scientific communication or a degree in physics with well-proven experience in communication.
- Experience: 5 years’ relevant professional communication and writing experience in a scientific area.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality, timely and professional science communication materials and outreach activities.
- Experience in media liaison, developing and executing an appropriate PR strategy and writing press releases.
- Fluent English.
- Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a well-developed capacity to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Flair for developing science communication tools. Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, with a solution-focused approach.
- A passion for science and an ability to communicate it to a wide range of audiences.
This position is part of IFAE’s Oferta Pública d’Ocupació 2019. The selected candidate will be offered a full-time permanent position, with a three-month trial period. The starting date of the contract is expected to be January 2022.
For further information you may contact Sara Strauch (email@example.com ).
Interested candidates must provide a letter of interest and a CV to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Sending CVs to the above address implies consent to the legal warning at the bottom of IFAE’s Home Page.
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome application from all qualified candidates. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. General information about IFAE is available at http://www.ifae.es