This position is filled
Open Position Project Manager Assistant at IFAE
Opening Date: Closing Date: Until Filled
The Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE) in Barcelona is looking for a Project Manager Assistant to support the administrative/scientific coordination of the Gravitational Wave Group and the Research Projects Office.
The principal task will be to manage the coordination of the EU project recently awarded to IFAE within the call HORIZON-INFRA-2021-DEV-02-01:
- Monitoring of the execution of the project according to the Grant Agreement.
- Follow-up of the Deliverables/Milestones reached in time.
- Coordinate the communications within the consortium of the project.
- Preparation of financial and scientific reports.
- Support on the organization of events such as project kick-off and review meetings, scientific conferences and workshops.
- Production of communication materials for the project portal and project social networks. This task will be supported by the Communications Department at IFAE.
Other main tasks directly linked to the Research Projects Office:
- Manage the scholarships of IFAE: submission for PhD and postdoctoral fellowships, submission of the financial and scientific reports, monitoring of the fellowship budget.
- Support in preparing the submission of the proposals, at the European and national levels.
- Support in the follow-up of the projects including the montoring of the budget execution and the preparation of the reports.
The applicant’s requirements are:
- Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
- Excellent level of English is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of the European/National tools for proposal submission and management will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) will be an asset.
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS) will be a plus.
- Expected years of experience in project management: 1
IFAE is offering a full-time work contract of 3 years, a salary in accordance with the qualifications of the candidate. Target start date: 1st July 2022.
If you are a motivated person to work in a dynamic environment, if you are proactive and you wish to work in an international center as IFAE, please send your updated CV with a letter of intent or motivation, and arrange for one or two letters of recommendation Prof. Mario Martínez (Group Leader of VIRGO/ET, firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Marta Balza (Projects Research Office, email@example.com ). Sending CVs to IFAE implies consent to the institute’s legal warning.
The application will be open until the position is filled.
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.