Open Position Technology Transfer Technician at IFAE
Opening Date: Closing Date: Until Filled
The Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE) in Barcelona is looking for a Technology Transfer Technician to support the Knowledge and Technology Transfer (KTT) Unit.
The main work will be the execution of innovation consultancy activities in the framework of an EU project recently awarded to IFAE within the call HORIZON-INFRA-2021-DEV-02-01:
- Analysis of innovation promotion strategies in Big Science Research Organizations (BSROs) for the generation of novel and disruptive new technologies related to the Gravitational Waves (GW) scientific field.
- Benchmarking of entrepreneurship initiatives in BSROs for the promotion of venture building activities based on GW novel technologies.
- Search for best practices on innovation promotion based on funded collaborative research.
- Innovation KPIs metrics & KTT outputs analytics.
- GW technology scouting within the Einstein Telescope Project Preparatory Phase. Identification of disruptive research results. Innovation potential analysis.
Other main tasks directly linked to the KTT Unit:
- Advising to the IFAE’s researchers on the public funding available for supporting KTT projects.
- Writing of technology valorisation and protection proposals to be submitted in national / international calls for projects.
- Market analysis and business opportunity validation activities for new disruptive technologies.
- Technology protection activities and support to the creation of new spin-offs.
The applicant’s requirements are:
- Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Physics or similar)
- Good level of English.
- Knowledge of public patent data bases will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) will be an asset.
- Experience working in a research and/or KTT environment will be a plus
IFAE is offering a part-time (20 hours) work contract of 1 year, a salary in accordance with the qualifications of the candidate. Target start date: 1st September 2022.
If you are a motivated person to work in a dynamic environment, if you are proactive and you wish to work in an international centre as IFAE, please send your updated CV with a letter of intent or motivation, and arrange for one or two letters of recommendation Prof. Mario Martínez (Group Leader of VIRGO/ET, email@example.com ) and Isaac Esparbé (Head of KTT Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org ). Sending CVs to IFAE implies consent to the Institute’s legal warning.
The application will be open until the position is filled.
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.