This position is filled
Open Position Project Manager at IFAE
Opening Date: Closing Date: Ref:IFAE2023/11_ADM
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) is a public consortium of the Government of Catalonia, Generalitat de Catalunya, and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, a public university, whose main goal is to carry out research and to contribute to the development of high energy physics from a theoretical, experimental and technological point of view. IFAE has the status of a “University Institute" attached to UAB and its premises are within the campus of the university. The mission of IFAE’s Research Projects Office at IFAE is to provide full support to the researcher’s community in managing competitive funds for research, by giving support to the researchers in grant preparation proposals also in the follow-up of the awarded grants, to ensure that the execution of the granted funds follows the terms, conditions and requirements of the funding agencies.
ABOUT THE POSITION
IFAE opens a full time (40 hours/week), fixed term position under an “Actividades científico-técnicas” contract, with a 4 month trial period. The duration of the contract is linked to the duration of the project Einstein Telescope Preparatory Phase (approximately, 3 years). The position corresponds to IFAE’s labour category of “Tècnic/a de gestió (Nivell 1)”, with an annual gross salary in the range between 30,000 and 39,000 €, in accordance with the qualifications of the candidate. The starting date will be as soon as possible.
The Project Manager will be in charge of:
- Providing administrative support to the Principal Investigators during the submission of new grants & fellowships proposals, the acceptance of the awarded grants (consortium agreements, grants agreements…), and the execution of the projects, control and monitor of the incurred expenses
- Providing all relevant information to the PI in order to ensure the correct management of the grants.
- Preparing and submitting financial reports and give full support to the PI when preparing the scientific reports.
- Preparing the audits of the grants.
- Being an interlocutor with other departments of IFAE in order to ensure a correct coordination of the project.
REQUIREMENTS AND ASSETS
- Experience of at least two years in managing research projects funded by the European Commission and Spanish Agencies.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience managing and coordinating big consortia and public-private funded projects.
- A university degree in Science or Engineering.
- Knowledge of the European, Spanish and Catalan scientific environments.
- Knowledge of the European/Spanish tools for proposal submission and management.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference (IFAE2023/11_ADM) as the Subject of the message. The mail should include a motivation letter and an updated CV. Sending CV to the above address implies consent to the legal warning at IFAE’s website. A Selection Committee will evaluate the received applications and it will deliver a short list of up to three candidates. The Selection Committee will hold an interview with each of these candidates as part of the selection process. In compliance with article 121 of the Spanish Public Sector Legal Regime Act, staff with a pre-existing relationship with the Consortium administration (Generalitat de Catalunya and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona) will have priority in the awarding of the position. For further information or any questions related to this job opening you may contact Mario Martínez (email@example.com ).
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and social integration of people with a disability. IFAE welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. People from groups that are typically underrepresented in the labour market in general, and in Science and Engineering in particular, such as women, minorities, or people with a disability, are particularly encouraged to apply.