This position is filled
Open Position FI predoctoral fellowships 2024
Opening Date: Closing Date:
The FI 2024 predoctoral fellowships are now open
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) in Barcelona encourages applications to pursue PhD studies in the research lines of the centre.
IFAE is a worldwide-recognized centre for fundamental research in physics. Thanks to this, the group enjoys a stimulating and cooperative research environment provided by the presence of other strong research groups working on particle physics, astrophysics and cosmology. General information about IFAE is available at http://www.ifae.es .
In order to submit an application, it is mandatory to contact the IP of the research line of your interest to get his support as a tutor of your application.
The submission deadline is 10th October, more info here
For administrative information please contact: email@example.com .
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome candidates from all qualified candidates. Women are particularly encouraged to send their candidacies.
Requirements for candidates:
- You don’t have a PhD.
- You don’t have benefited from any previous FI or FI SDUR fellowship. Also, you cannot have had more than 6 months of any other contract for predoctoral research staff.
- You have an average grade for undergraduate studies or the equivalent degree equal to or greater than 6.50 (scale from 0 to 10). If your qualifications have been completed abroad, the average grade on the academic record must be calculated according to the equivalent average grades set forth in the current resolutions of the Ministry of Universities (<https://universidades.sede.gob.es/pagina/index/directorio/Equivalencia_notas_medias/language/ca_ES >).
- You have completed the studies for admission to a Ph.D. program between the 1st of January 2021 and the start date of your contract.
Exceptionally, you could apply if you finished your studies between 1 January 2018 and the start date of your contract. However, you can only do it if, after completing your studies, you experienced any of these exceptional situations:
- You have been on maternity leave.
- You have been the guardian of children under six years of age.
- You have been the guardian of someone disabled or with a physical, mental, or sensory disability
- You have suffered from a serious illness or an accident requiring medical leave for 6 months or more.
- You have suffered any of the situations provided for in article 1 of Organic Law 1/2004, of 28 December, on comprehensive protection measures against gender violence.
- You have been granted refugee status under the terms of the 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees
- At the time of starting your contract, you must have a bachelor’s degree, engineering, architecture, or university degree (of at least 300 ECTS credits) university master’s degree, or an equivalent degree.
- You can only submit ONE application, which means that you can’t apply for more than one university, project, etc.
Candidates don’t need to be accepted into the doctoral program when submitting their application. However, they must be enrolled before starting their contract.