Open Position Doctoral INPhINIT Retaining 2024 call
Opening Date: Closing Date:
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) is offering PhD positions for talented Early Stage Researchers within the framework of the Doctoral INPhINIT Retaining “La Caixa” fellowships.
There are 4-year PhD positions for researchers willing to carry out a doctorate at any university or research center in Spain.
- Nationality: Young researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply for the Doctoral INPhINIT Retaining Fellowships Programme.
- Studies pursued: applicants must hold a higher education degree that makes them eligible to enroll in a doctoral programme before starting at their host institutions. The host university will verify, upon starting the admission process to the doctoral programme, that the studies taken up by the selected candidates make them eligible to enroll in an official doctoral programme in accordance with the regulations in force in Spain. Should they be found not eligible after verification, the fellowship will be withdrawn. Candidates must not have been enrolled in a doctoral programme prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Language proficiency: Applicants must accredit their proficiency in the English language by submitting any of the certificates mentioned below. Under no circumstances will any other certificate be accepted, despite being issued by the same organizations and/or accredit equivalence with any of the accepted levels.
- TOEFL: minimum score of 83 for the Internet-based test.
- University of Cambridge: minimum score of 176 in the First Certificate in English (grade A or B), Certificate in Advanced English, Certificate of Proficiency in English or the Linguaskill online test.
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.5 in the Academic or General Training version.
- Duolingo English Test: minimum score of 105.
- School of Modern Languages (EIM) of the University of Barcelona: B2 level or higher, either taking the online English accreditation test (PAI online) or other exam formats. *
- Official Language Schools (EOI) in Spain: Certificate of B2 level or higher. B2.1 certificates will not be accepted since they accredit a lower level than B2.
Research experience: On the deadline for applications, applicants must still be within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
Mobility: Candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the deadline for applications. Short stays, such as holidays, spent in a country other than their country of usual residence (where they carried out their main activity), will be considered as time spent in their country of usual residence. Candidates who are awarded a fellowship must enroll in a doctoral programme at a university that is different from where they took up their bachelor’s studies.
Complete applications: Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
Application and documentation
- Candidates must apply using the online application platform available in the “Fellowships” section on the ”La Caixa” Foundation website.
- Candidates must indicate their prospective doctoral studies in the “Studies to be pursued” section of the online application form
- Using the application platform, candidates must complete the formalities to obtain, prior to the deadline for applications, at least three confidential reference letters (written in English) from university professors or other relevant individuals with whom they have had contact either academically or professionally.
- Candidates must include the transcripts of academic records for the studies that make them eligible for a doctoral programme (bachelor’s degree compulsorily, and master’s degree, if applicable), preferably in the Diploma Supplement format. In any case, the student’s name and surname(s), the university, the studies pursued, and all subjects and marks, year by year, must appear. If these studies are still in progress, candidates must submit the transcript of records in its current status upon submission of the application.
If the documents uploaded to the application platform were issued in a language other than English, a translation into English, which can be done by the candidate, must be attached.
February 15th, 2024, at 2 pm Peninsular Spain: Deadline for applications.
February29th, 2024: Deadline for submitting the language certificate.
May 17th, 2024: Announcement of shortlisting results and call for interviews
June 12th, 13th, and 14th, 2024: Interviews
June 21st, 2024: Announcement of final results.
Fellows should start at the host institution between September and November 2024. Nevertheless, in duly justified cases, the ‘La’Caixa’ Foundation may allow this to be delayed until January 31st, 2025.
Access to the applications platform of ”la Caixa” Foundation fellowships programme: https://candidate-fellowships.lacaixafoundation.org/login
More information at: https://lacaixafoundation.org/en/doctoral-inphinit-fellowships-retaining-call