Open Position Senior Projects Manager at IFAE
Opening Date: Closing Date: Ref:2024/04 – Projects Manager
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) is a public consortium between the Catalan Government, Generalitat de Catalunya, and the Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB, a public university). IFAE was formally created in 1991, by Decree number 159/1991. As stated in its By‐laws, IFAE’s main goal is to carry out research and to contribute to the development of high energy physics from a theoretical, experimental and technological point of view.
About the position
IFAE is seeking a Senior Research Projects Manager with the goal to provide service to all researchers applying for competitive grants. The Manager will be a liaison between IFAE and the funding agencies (mainly Catalan, Spanish or EU public agencies, but also private institutions) and they will provide administrative support to ensure the success at the proposal submission level and an effective management of the awarded grants. The successful candidate will be expected to play a central role in:
- Identifying and effectively disseminating the most suitable funding opportunities for IFAE.
- Giving support to the IFAE scientific community in the preparation and submission of proposals.
- Following-up and monitoring the execution of the projects with awarded grants: budget controlling, preparation of the justification reports, monitor the execution of the project according to the grants rules.
- Ex-post audits.
About the contract:
- Full time contract (40 hours/week), from Monday to Friday.
- Indefinite contract, with a 6 month trial. This position is part of IFAE’s 2021 Oferta Pública d’Ocupació.
- IFAE Professional category: Tècnic de gestió, nivell 2.
- Annual gross salary will be set according to the qualification of the candidate.
- The selected candidate is expected to join IFAE as soon as possible.
- University degree.
- Good level of English is mandatory.
- Track record in managing national and international research grants.
- Experience of, at least, three years as Research Project Manager.
- Strong technical skills, including anticipating and adopting new applications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform team work.
- Applications of candidates fulfilling the required skills will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Experience as Research Project Manager with Spanish and European public calls (80 points).
- Experience in big science projects and/or international collaborations (10 points).
- Experience in Spanish research centres (10 points).
Interested candidates must provide a letter of interest, three letters of reference, and an updated CV to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com , with the Job Reference (2024/04 – Projects Manager) as Subject. Sending CVs to the above address implies consent to the legal warning at the bottom of IFAE’s Home Page (https://www.ifae.es/about/legal-warning) .
Applications can be submitted until March 10th at 23:59h. A Selection Committee will evaluate the applications according to the criteria established in this advertisement. The selection process may include an interview with a short list of candidates. The Committee will select a candidate within 15 days following the deadline to submit applications.
According to the laws affecting the public sector, priority will be given to candidates fulfilling the required skills with a current labour relationship with any of the Administrations of the consortium (Generalitat de Catalunya and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
Reservation for disabled personnel, in accordance with Article 59 of Royal Legislative Decree 5/2015, of October 30, which approves the revised text of the Basic Statute Law of the Public Employee.
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and social integration of people with a disability. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. People from groups that are typically underrepresented in the labour market in general, and in Science and Engineering in particular, such as women, minorities, or people with a disability, are particularly encouraged to apply.
For further information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference (2024/04 – Projects Manager) as Subject.