IFAE at EPS-HEP 2021
July 28, 2021Collider Physics Group
The European Physical Society conference on high energy physics 2021 (EPS-HEP 2021 ), one of the most important conferences in HEP of the year, is taking place online this week. Three IFAE groups are participating:
Several members of the IFAE-ATLAS group are attending, with one of them giving a talk at a parallel session:
- “The HL-LHC Upgrade of the ATLAS Tile Hadronic Calorimeter ” - Danijela Bogavac
At this conference, the ATLAS Collaboration is releasing a total of 26 new results using the full Run 2 dataset (results being added as the public webpages are unembargoed):
The IFAE-ATLAS group has made strong contributions to three new results:
- “Combination and summary of ATLAS dark matter searches using 139 fb−1 of √s = 13 TeV pp collision data and interpreted in a two-Higgs-doublet model with a pseudoscalar mediator”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-036
- “Search for a light charged Higgs boson in t→H±b decays, with H±→cb, in the lepton jets final state in proton-proton collisions at √s=13 TeV with the ATLAS detector”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-037
- “Search for the single production of vector-like T quarks decaying into tH and tZ with the ATLAS detector”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-040
The GW group is contributing a talk to EPS-HEP 2021
- “Implications for first-order cosmological phase transitions and the formation of primordial black holes from the third LIGO-Virgo observing run ” - Alba Romero
The theory group is contributing a talk to EPS-HEP 2021
- “Quality tests for the Heavy QCD axion ” - Ricardo Zambujal
New Gravitational Waves paper
January 26, 2022
“Search for a scalar induced stochastic gravitational wave background in the third LIGO-Virgo observing run ” by Alba Romero-Rodríguez, Mario Martínez, Oriol Pujolàs, et al. has been selected as PRL Editors’ Suggestion.
New MultiMessenger paper
January 19, 2022
“Quantum gravity phenomenology at the dawn of the multi-messenger era — A review ” by Manel Martínez, Daniel Kerszberg, Diego Blas, Mario Martínez and others has been accepted for publication in Progress in Particle and Nuclear Physics. This paper is a review by the world experts on QG phenomenology, working together in the framework of the Quantum Gravity in the MultiMessenger era (QGMM) COST Action.
New Multi-Messenger Paper
November 17, 2021
“Quantum gravity phenomenology at the dawn of the multi-messenger era – A review” has been uploaded to arXiv . Members of the Gamma-ray, Gravitational Waves and Theory group are among the authors: Diego Blas, Merve Colak, Daniel Kersberg, Manel Martínez, Mario Martínez.