IFAE at EPS-HEP 2021
July 28, 2021Collider Physics Group
The European Physical Society conference on high energy physics 2021 (EPS-HEP 2021 ), one of the most important conferences in HEP of the year, is taking place online this week. Three IFAE groups are participating:
Several members of the IFAE-ATLAS group are attending, with one of them giving a talk at a parallel session:
- “The HL-LHC Upgrade of the ATLAS Tile Hadronic Calorimeter ” - Danijela Bogavac
At this conference, the ATLAS Collaboration is releasing a total of 26 new results using the full Run 2 dataset (results being added as the public webpages are unembargoed):
The IFAE-ATLAS group has made strong contributions to three new results:
- “Combination and summary of ATLAS dark matter searches using 139 fb−1 of √s = 13 TeV pp collision data and interpreted in a two-Higgs-doublet model with a pseudoscalar mediator”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-036
- “Search for a light charged Higgs boson in t→H±b decays, with H±→cb, in the lepton jets final state in proton-proton collisions at √s=13 TeV with the ATLAS detector”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-037
- “Search for the single production of vector-like T quarks decaying into tH and tZ with the ATLAS detector”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-040
The GW group is contributing a talk to EPS-HEP 2021
- “Implications for first-order cosmological phase transitions and the formation of primordial black holes from the third LIGO-Virgo observing run ” - Alba Romero
The theory group is contributing a talk to EPS-HEP 2021
- “Quality tests for the Heavy QCD axion ” - Ricardo Zambujal
New positions in the IFAE Organization
January 16, 2023
Mario Martinez, ICREA professor at IFAE and head of the Gravitational Waves Group, is the new Director of the Experimental Division and takes on the role of IFAE Deputy Director. Martine Bosman, retiring Director of the Experimental Division, assumes the status of IFAE Emeritus.
New Gravitational Waves paper
January 26, 2022
“Search for a scalar induced stochastic gravitational wave background in the third LIGO-Virgo observing run ” by Alba Romero-Rodríguez, Mario Martínez, Oriol Pujolàs, et al. has been selected as PRL Editors’ Suggestion.
New MultiMessenger paper
January 19, 2022
“Quantum gravity phenomenology at the dawn of the multi-messenger era — A review ” by Manel Martínez, Daniel Kerszberg, Diego Blas, Mario Martínez and others has been accepted for publication in Progress in Particle and Nuclear Physics. This paper is a review by the world experts on QG phenomenology, working together in the framework of the Quantum Gravity in the MultiMessenger era (QGMM) COST Action.