IFAE at EPS-HEP 2021
July 28, 2021Collider Physics Group
The European Physical Society conference on high energy physics 2021 (EPS-HEP 2021), one of the most important conferences in HEP of the year, is taking place online this week. Three IFAE groups are participating:
Several members of the IFAE-ATLAS group are attending, with one of them giving a talk at a parallel session:
- “The HL-LHC Upgrade of the ATLAS Tile Hadronic Calorimeter ” - Danijela Bogavac
At this conference, the ATLAS Collaboration is releasing a total of 26 new results using the full Run 2 dataset (results being added as the public webpages are unembargoed):
The IFAE-ATLAS group has made strong contributions to three new results:
- “Combination and summary of ATLAS dark matter searches using 139 fb−1 of √s = 13 TeV pp collision data and interpreted in a two-Higgs-doublet model with a pseudoscalar mediator”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-036
- “Search for a light charged Higgs boson in t→H±b decays, with H±→cb, in the lepton jets final state in proton-proton collisions at √s=13 TeV with the ATLAS detector”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-037
- “Search for the single production of vector-like T quarks decaying into tH and tZ with the ATLAS detector”, ATLAS-CONF-2021-040
The GW group is contributing a talk to EPS-HEP 2021
- “Implications for first-order cosmological phase transitions and the formation of primordial black holes from the third LIGO-Virgo observing run ” - Alba Romero
The theory group is contributing a talk to EPS-HEP 2021
- “Quality tests for the Heavy QCD axion ” - Ricardo Zambujal
New GW and Theory group publication
July 28, 2021
“Search for a scalar induced stochastic gravitational wave background in the third LIGO-Virgo observing run” by A. Romero-Rodriguez, Mario Martinez, O. Pujolàs, M. Sakellariadou, V. Vaskonen has been uploaded to arXiv.
Pere Masjuan wins Associate Professorship at the Physics Department of UAB
September 15, 2021
Pere Masjuan has won an Associate Professorship at the Physics Department of UAB (Professor Agregat) in a position generated by himself for his outstanding achievements in research, transfer of knowledge, and outreach, starting the first of September.
New Theory group publication
September 8, 2021
“Lensing of gravitational waves as a probe of compact dark matter by Juan Urrutia and Ville Vaskonen has been uploaded to arXiv.