Master's Thesis defended last week
September 15, 2021
Last week the students of the Postgraduate Program in High Energy Physics, Astrophysics & Cosmology (Mastercosmos) defended their Master’s Thesis. A total 13 theses have been tutored by IFAE researchers.
List of Theses:
- Juan Urrutia: “Search for primordial blackholes via gravitational wave lensing with ground based detectors”. Tutor: Ville Vaskonen
- Marc Andrés Carcassona: “Searches of gravitational waves from asymmetric compact binary coalescence events using convolutional neural networks during O2”. Tutor: Mario Martínez.
- Jordi Capó, “Neutron Detection Capabilities”. Tutor: Thorsten Lux
- Arul Prakash, “B decays form factor parameterization using Neural Networks”. Tutor: Pere Masjuan
- Adriana Ghiozzi, “A two-particle solution to lepton magnetic moment anomalies and its implications for rare B decay observables” Tutor: Pere Masjuan
- Helena Recasens, “Application of machine-learning techniques for background suppression in searches for higgsino pair production with the ATLAS detector”. Tutor: Aurelio Juste, Carlos Moreno
- Oriol Izquierdo, “Optimization of a new light scalar boson search analysis using data of the ATLAS experiment”. Tutor:Imma Riu
- Fernando García. “Search for the pair production of vector-like quarks in final states with multiple b-jets”. Tutor: Aurelio Juste
- Aday Cárdenas, “On Cosmological Phase Transitions: Gravitational Waves and Gauge Dependence”. Tutor: Ville Vaskonen
- Maria Lainez, “Analysis of gamma-ray observations performed with the first Large-Sized Telescope of CTA”. Tutor: Abelardo Moralejo
- Akshay Kumar, “Optimising baffle parameters in Einstein Telescope”. Tutor: Mario Martínez
- Daniel Serrano, “Novel instrumentation for light detection in the Virgo Interferometer”. Tutor: Mario Martínez
- Joan Llobera, “Modeling Gravitational Waveforms for Parameter Estimation with Machine Learning”. Tutor: Mario Martínez
2020 IFAE Annual Report Now Online
May 19, 2021
The 2020 IFAE Annual Activities Report is now online. You can find the report here: http://annualreport.ifae.es
In the Media
Jack Steinberger obituary on the RSEF
April 21, 2021
Ramon Pascual and Enrique Fernández have written an obituary on Jack Steinberger, which is published in the last issue of the RSEF’s Spanish Journal of Physics.